Pros

gentle on their stomachs

happy vibrant dogs

no fillers

no gassy problems

affordable, actually cheaper than some other name brands

I have two large dogs that really do well with this Proactive formula


Cons

Can't think of any

Full Review

As a dog owner, I am very careful what I feed my dogs. I own two large breed dogs, and I have to tell you the Iams Dog Food especially the "Iams ProActive Health Large Breed Dry Dog Food" is a great food for my dogs, This particular Iams dry dog food is recommended for large breed dogs that are over 50 pounds, which mine are.

This formula is also recommended for dogs over one year old. They do have puppy formulas, but I only know the particular bag that I purchase without fail! One of the main reasons I love this Iams dog food is because of how it makes my dogs feel. They are more energetic, happy, and without any digestive upsets, and my dogs have sensitive stomachs.

Once, while we were away, the sitter ran out and purchased another brand, which made them sluggish, and outside to do "business" a lot more than normal. I quickly got them back onto the Iams dog food, and their gassiness and foul air stopped!.

One thing I have noticed, is that their "business" is not very big. I was told that was because there are no fillers in this Iams dry dog food. Both my dogs coats are shiny, their eyes are shiny, and even my Veterinarian, who would like me to buy his food, had to say, that my dogs were doing very well on Iams ProActive Health Large Breed Dog food and to keep using it.

If you are not happy with the behavior of your dog, whether he is sluggish or gassy (another sign of food not agreeing with your dog) and you just can't stand the smell of him, get him a full checkup, then try changing his food to Iams Dog Food. There are different sized nuggets for different sized dogs. There should be one you would like for your dog. It is also affordable.

The replacement dog food the sitter had purchased was a well known name brand and cost more, and yet my dogs reacted to it with gassy problems.

They don't need a huge amount of this food, I follow the serving size on the package, and my dogs are the perfect weight for the size. I can't say enough about Iams dry dog food. This is the perfect food for my dogs. They are happy and healthy 7 year old dogs.


In Closing

I have owned dogs for a long time, and I have tried many dog foods over the years, but when I came across IAMS a few years back, I was really impressed. I even buy the IAMS for cats for my two cats. Can't ask for a better food for my pets.